Before you can start your helicopter flight training at Universal Helicopters there are a number of requirements to be met:
- If you are a US Citizen or US National: You must establish this by presenting a current US Passport or your US birth certificate and a government issued photo identification before you start your training. Training may not commence until your citizenship has been established.
- You must be at least 17 years old to hold a Private Pilot certificate and 18 years old to hold a Commercial Pilot certificate or Instructor certificates
- You must hold an FAA Private Pilot Certificate to be eligible for a Commercial Pilot Certificate
- You must obtain an FAA Student Pilot medical certificate to train for a Private Pilot certificate or a Third Class medical certificate to train for Commercial Pilot or Instructor certificates. You can obtain details of the nearest FAA designee medical examiner here.Alternatively, call us and we will put you in touch with the nearest Aviation Medical Examiner. If you are on medication, we require you to obtain your student pilot certificate or appropriate medical certificate before you can start your course since there is no point in starting training if there is any doubt about your ability to pass the FAA’s medical examinations.
- You must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language.