- Hold or obtain at least a third class medical certificate
- Hold an FAA Private Pilot Certificate or higher, with appropriate ratings or the equivalent licenses issued by a foreign military or regulatory agency.
- Have a logbook endorsement to act as a Pilot in Command while using Night Vision Goggles from an authorized instructor per 14 CFR 61.31(k).
- Have completed SFAR 73-1 2. (b) (2) (a) Awareness Training in the R44.
- Meet SFAR 73-1 2. (b) (2) (b) Aeronautical Experience requirements in the R44.
- Obtain necessary dual instruction and ground training until the standards are met.
- Pass UHI written examination and oral check
- Pass a UHI Flight Check
2.5 Hours Dual – Flight Check Included
4 Hours Ground