- Hold or obtain at least a third class medical certificate
- Hold a current FAA Flight Instructor Certificate
- Hold a current FAA Flight Instructor Instrument Certificate
- Have a logbook endorsement to act as a Pilot in Command while using Night Vision Goggles from an authorized instructor per 14 CFR 61.31(k).
- Have completed SFAR 73-1 2. (b) (2) (a) Awareness Training in the R44.
- Meet SFAR 73-1 2. (b) (2) (b) Aeronautical Experience requirements in the R44.
- Obtain necessary dual instruction and ground training until the standards are met.
- Pass UHI written examination and oral check
- Pass a UHI Flight Check
3 Hours Dual – Flight Check Included
4 Hours Ground