Helicopter Flight Training
Last Updated 11/14/14
Founded in 2000, Universal Helicopters has provided helicopter pilot training and flight instruction for people interested in careers in aviation; with Helicopter Flight School Locations in
Scottsdale AZ, Prescott AZ, Dodge City KS, Salina KS, Provo UT, Camarillo CA, Waco, TX.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality helicopter flight and ground training in the safest possible environment and in the shortest elapsed time. In the end analysis this results
in the least cost for UHI students. It results in their entry into the professional helicopter pilot market with the highest possible qualifications from the leader in helicopter pilot
training and with an excellent possibility of finding the best jobs in industry.
R66 Oshkosh 2014 ERAU Stand
Decision Height ILS 21L Prescott
UHI Bell 206 B3 - Turbine Conversions
Lightning at PRC
Off Airport Landing
On the ground - dusk
UHI R44 NVG Trainer
Red Rock of Sedona
UHI & ERAU
UHI R66 Turbine Conversions
HeliExpo 2014 - Anaheim
HeliExpo - fly in
UHI President - Dr. Gordon Jiroux
William O'Hara - AV 8B Harrier Pilot first helicopter solo
2014 Instructor Safety Seminar Prescott AZ
Dr Gordon Jiroux - 2014 Flight Instructor of the Year
Dr Jiroux receives HAI 2014 Flight
Instructor of the Year Award
Recent News Releases:
Doctorate in Aviation Science Awarded to UHI President Gordon Jiroux – May 2013
Gateway Program with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters, new Opportunities for Embry-Riddle Helicopter Students – Oct 2010
Night Flight Concepts Announces Acquisition by Nighttime Technologies, Inc. – Nov 2014
UHI Annual SAFETY & STANDARDIZATION SEMINAR held in Prescott AZ – Oct 2014
Dr. Gordon Jiroux wins HAI’s Flight Instructor of the Year Award:
- UHI Inc. dba Universal Helicopters takes pride in offering the most highly advanced and exceptional professional helicopter flight training in the Robinson R22, R44, R66 and Bell 206 helicopters.
President, Gordon Jiroux, and his flight instructors have set the standard for excellence in flight instruction around the world in the past, and will continue to do so.
- Part 61 and Part 141 FAA Approved for: Private; Commercial; Instrument; Flight Instructor; Flight Instructor Instrument – Initial and Add-On Certificates/Ratings at all 7 campuses.
- Part 141 approved for: Turbine Conversion, Mountain & High Altitude; SFAR 73. 2. (b) (5) Instructor Endorsement for non R22 or R44 instructor pilots.
- Primary Training in the Robinson R22, R44, R66 and Turbine conversions in the Robinson R66 and Bell 206.
- Add On programs for Airplane pilots - Private through ATP, CFI and CFII.
- Night Vision Goggle FAA Part 141 Approved training courses for FAA Initial Qualification, Instructor Pilot Qualification and Recurrent Training
- VA approved in Scottsdale & Prescott AZ, Provo UT, Dodge City & Salina KS.
- We do not engage in any other activities as many other flight schools do, such as helicopter rentals, photographic flights, sightseeing flights, charters, tours, commercial operations,
etc. Our sole business is to be the safest and best in the Helicopter Flight Training business.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU) has selected Universal Helicopters (UHI) as the exclusive provider of its Helicopter Flight Training Program to students at the University’s Prescott,
Arizona campus. The ERAU/UHI agreement brings together the experience of two of the most respected names in aviation flight training.
- We can build special individual training programs to suit your particular needs at your location at your convenience. We can also build a program to finish a certificate(s) or rating that
you started but never finished - See our Training page
- International pilots with foreign Certificates/Licenses without FAA Certificates – get your stand-alone FAA certificates at Universal, then you will have certificates which do not depend on
the currency/validity of your foreign certificates. You get 100% credit for logged and attested flight hours in your personal logbook and just need to focus on the FAA knowledge and flight
- International Students:
- If you are a Non US Citizen wanting to obtain FAA Pilot Certificates, we can provide you with expert knowledge and assistance regarding your training whether you already have Certificates and Ratings from your own country or not.
- Since the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center 9/11/2001 the US Department of Homeland Security - Alien Flight Student Program (AFSP) requires that before any flight training is given, a Security Threat Assessment is made to ensure that you are not a threat to US aviation or national security. We can assist you to navigate this process.
- We are approved to provide qualified students with assistance to obtain M1 training Visas (SEVIS I-20) and to assist you in completing the Department of Homeland Security TSA “Alien Flight Student Program” process.
- Visiting Pilots:
- We welcome all Helicopter certificated Pilots who just want to fly the R22, R44, R66, or B206, perhaps on vacation or to get some flight hours without training for FAA certificates. We will provide R22, R44, R66 flight time and a safety pilot at our published solo block rates if you call and reserve a minimum 5 hour flight block.
EARN YOUR UNIVERSITY/COLLEGE DEGREE IN AVIATION ADMINISTRATION AT UNIVERSAL HELICOPTERS
through Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Kansas State University or through
Dodge City Community College
See our University Degrees page for details or contact Gordon @ 1-866-I-FLY-UHI